Friday, October 30, 2009

Ever come to the realisation you're "Softball Guy"

Jim Rome had a rant about an annoying sports fanatic which he refered to as "Softball Guy" I have provided the video

The more I listened I realised that I may not be actual "softball guy" but some of the elements sounded very familiar to me.

For instance him talking about the fact that softball guy always goes hard on every play because he "plays the game the right way" is definitely me all the way. I don't play softball but if I did i'm sure I'd be the one sliding hard into 2nd base trying to break up the double play and probably wouldn't give a damn about the 37 yrs old guy breaking his orbital bone.

Now what I do play is basketball and while everyone else thinks that it's about fade-aways, jumpers, and dunking. I believe that it's hell in the hole, you don't bring that pretty boy going to the basket crap in my house. In fact, I'll tell you straight up, everything within a certain distance to the goal is mines. You cross that line and you infringing upon my space.

I'm nudging people in the stomach, putting a body on them, using my size to create space, going upside your head. The whole 9. Not neccesarily playing dirty but just playing very physical.

I'm also sooo into playing the game the "right way". I'm not going soft at all. I could be playing against a man, woman, child, boy, girl, mentally/physically handicapped. I'm playing the same way. I'm not going to patronize you by playing any other way. That's just how I roll

No comments:

Post a Comment